Sat, May 09|
Verona, NJ, USA
VeronaTogether May 9, 2020 CareAVan
On Saturday, May 9th, show your Verona Pride for the VeronaTogether CareAVan. The CareAVan will be cruising the streets, escorted by the Verona Police Department, ready to film your family on your front lawn showing your Verona Pride! Make some signs, do something funny, show your best chalk art!
Time & Location
May 09, 2020, 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Verona, NJ, USA
About the Event
The Stay in Place order has had an obvious effect on our town. Even though our streets are fairly quiet, it's time that we make some noise and show our Verona Pride! The one thing that has not been silenced - has been the spirit of our town. Verona-based doctors, nurses, medical staff, police, fire, rescue, and so many more essential workers are reporting to work day and night. Friends throughout Verona are out there raising money and doing incredible things. Residents are supporting local restaurants with nightly take-out, and showing their Verona pride with lawn signs thanking those on the front lines. Resident and restaurant owner donations continue to feed hundreds of employees at local hospitals. Grocery store employees and delivery drivers continue to keep providing services, especially to the eldrely who are at high-risk and cannot leave their homes.
On Saturday, May 9th, let's show our Verona Pride for the VeronaTogether "Care"AVan.
The CareAVan will be cruising Verona’s streets, escorted by the Verona Police Department, on Saturday, May 9th between 2-6pm filming your families on your front lawns expressing that Verona Pride!
Spend some time as a family making your best Verona Pride signs - anything - be creative! Do something funny, dance like nobody's watching, make some signs that show love for Verona and our first responders, or Mom/Grandma (hint: It’s Mother’s Day on May 10), impress everyone with your best sidewalk chalk art, and show us your biggest smiles!
The purpose of the VeronaTogether CareAVan is to create a positive and energetic video presenting families across our town, showing the strength and resiliency of Verona. At the same time, we hope to help everyone see some smiling and happy faces that they miss seeing every day. Let’s have some fun and help us put together a video full of energy! We’ll be driving by to film you and/or your kids on your front lawn, your front porch or window or your driveway. Respect social distancing by not leaving your yard, and staying far away from your neighbors.
By registering for this event, you authorize VeronaTogether the right to use any photograph or video including, but not limited to: emails, signage, video, social media, etc. I also understand that no royalty, fee or other compensation shall become payable to me by reason of such use.
- Register to participate! This will ensure that the CareAVan comes by your house to film.
- You must stay on your lawn and/or porch. If your neighbors are also participating, you must maintain proper social distancing. If you are found not properly following social distancing guidelines - your footage will not be used. Let’s have some fun but show respect for the Stay at Home Guidelines.
- Our friends at NewmanCares will be collecting canned goods/foods to help fill the shelves at the Episcopal Church of the Holy Spirit food pantry. These items must be left curbside so that they can be safely collected for donation.
THIS IS NOT AN INVITATION TO JOIN THE VERONATOGETHER CAREAVAN. ALL PARTICIPATING FAMILIES ARE TO STAY WITHIN THEIR PROPERTIES. - THANK YOU!
What can you do?
1) Register and then get ready for May 9th. You'll hear us coming. That's your cue.
2) Support ALL Verona businesses. The restaurants are feeling the love you're giving and have been amazed with the outpouring of support during this time. Let's keep that going. We also have hair stylists, barbers, gyms, etc. that are shuttered in town that are also feeling the pain of this crisis. Buy a gift card if you can. Click here to support our Verona restaurants and shops.
3) Donate to our First Responders. All proceeds will go to the purchase of PPE for our Verona First Responders. Want to donate more, head on over to our donation page here.
DONATE & FEEL GREAT! GET SWAG!
Your ticket fee includes a VeronaTogether hat and car magnet, as well as the proceeds will be going to the Verona First Responders.